[Openstack] [Question] about test libvirt using OpenStack

Davanum Srinivas davanum at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 13:26:38 UTC 2014

Hi.

here's what i did.

Step #1: before running devstack, do install the packages required
including libvirt-bin and python-libvirt
Step #2: stop libvirt service then run autogen.sh, make and make
install to replace the libvirt binaries
Step #3: fix configuration files of libvirt if necessary, start
libvirt bin and make sure everything is running
Step #4: now run devstack, when devstack finds that libvirt is already
present (from step #1), it will not over-write your compiled binaries

Here's an example i used to build custom libvirt binaries and run them
as part of our gate jobs.
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/67564/24/functions.sh,unified

-- dims