[Openstack] ESXi in production with Neutron

Dan Wendlandt dwendlandt at vmware.com
Fri Mar 14 21:38:01 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

| From: "PAUL CARVER" <pc2929 at att.com>

Yes, I'm aware of people proposing approaches that involve using virtual appliances for packet forwarding instead of the in-kernel vSwitch. Perhaps there are other approaches as well (e.g., SR-IOV + HW).

I focused on NSX + nova-network because I started the email by saying " In my experience working with customers...", and I have never seen anything other than those two options running in production.
Dan