[Openstack] [Heat] Any hint on using pseudo-parameters?

Zane Bitter zbitter at redhat.com
Fri Mar 14 14:12:51 UTC 2014

Once more to the list this time...

On 14/03/14 08:14, Qiming Teng wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     Below is a snippet of a template I am debugging.  I was trying to
> test HARestarter in this case, so I am supposed to provide a
> configuration file for cfn-hup.
>
>     The problem I have is that I cannot get the pseudo parameters work.
> When trying the create the stack, I am getting the following errors:
>
> ERROR: Property error : ServerConfig: cloud_config The Parameter
> (OS::region) was not provided.

Looking at
https://github.com/openstack/heat/blob/master/heat/engine/hot/parameters.py#L129
it appears that OS::region was never implemented in HOT.

To be fair, the AWS::Region one never did anything useful in Heat
either:
https://github.com/openstack/heat/blob/master/heat/engine/parameters.py#L453
(it just returns "ap-southeast-1" - odd choice).

Raise a bug, and you're welcome to implement it, but for now you're
probably best to pretend that no such thing exists ;)

>     I got no luck trying 'AWS::StackName' or 'AWS::Region' as well. Can
> someone help out?

Yeah, we now have separate implementations for cfn and HOT.

cheers,
Zane.