[Openstack] nova-manage network create bug

Alexey Wasilyev awasilyev at griddynamics.com
Wed Mar 12 11:57:11 UTC 2014

There is a bug in
the /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/nova/network/manager.py
on line 1066 'vlan_start' used as hash key:
kwargs["vlan_start"] = kwargs.get("vlan_start") or CONF.vlan_start

than passing kwargs as argument:
return self._do_create_networks(context, **kwargs)

But in the _do_create_networks (line 1188):
vlan = kwargs.get('vlan', None)

'vlan' used instead of 'vlan_start'!

As we can see on line 498
in /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/nova/cmd/manage.py, '--vlan' argument
going to the 'vlan_start' variable, not 'vlan'.

--
Alexey Wasilyev
Systems Administrator