[Openstack] Upgrade to Havana version 2013.2.2

Robert van Leeuwen Robert.vanLeeuwen at spilgames.com
Mon Mar 10 14:29:29 UTC 2014

> Our cloud setup was migrated to Havana and the nova-manage version in the controller node is 2013.2. In the
> compute node, the nova-manage version is 2013.2.2. I am getting an error in the nova-compute log that
> describes “IncompatibleObjectVersion:
> Version 1.9 of Instance is not supported”.
> The compute service is stopped and I am unable to start it again.

Hi,

I also noticed that Openstack can be pretty picky about versions, at least with 2013.2.XXX.
Make sure the controller and compute nodes run the exact same versions.

The python neutron packages on the compute nodes also need to be the correct version.
Best would be to have just one version in your local repositorie or use puppet/chef/whatever ensure => versionxxxx for this.

Cheers,
Robert van Leeuwen