[Openstack] Ceilometer monitoring

nishant kumar nishant.sgbk at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 13:29:49 UTC 2014

Hi,
I  monitored meter disk_write _bytes in table sample for an instance . Its
volume always increasing with timestamp even after deletion of data from
storage alloted to a Vm.
Second thing i noticed after rebooting of virtual machine everytime volume
of disk_write_bytes ,disk_read_bytes, disk_write_request and
disk_read_request  in  table sample increases with timestamp even we dont
send any read and write request to its Vm.so can anyone tell me
1. What exactly volume in sample table store for meter disk_write_bytes and
2.how ceilometer collect the information about of disk usage.
Thanks and regards,
Nishant kumar
Mobile : 9833065902