[Openstack] provider network with 3 nics

Remo Mattei remo at italy1.com
Thu Mar 6 06:43:51 UTC 2014

Hello everyone,

I have a strange scenario I have 3 nodes, compute, controller and neutron the neutron box has 3 nics, 1 management, which is ok, the sec is used for the tun (GRE) and it’s ok as well and the 3rd is my provider network in this case to do some testing I have it running on a 192.168.1.x network. However I create the router,network ext, etc but I cannot route from the router (SDN) to the provider network gateway, and I mapped this to br-eth0, br-eth1 and br-eth2. So the provider network is using the br-eth2. I checked and make sure the is a bridge, OVS has it right, I can ping from the br-eth2 to the gateway but when I execute the ping from the ip netns exec qrouter……… ping -I qp.xxxxx 192.168.1.1 I cannot reach it. I can see that the gateway was set so that’s correct since I did create the ext network with that gw.

Anyone has any other suggestions on what could be the problem?

here is the same scenario using br-ex as external using the management network and that works perfectly well. But I do not want to have that.

Thanks,
Remo