[Openstack] [openstack] [neutron] how to config one l3 agent for each l3 router?

gustavo panizzo <gfa> gfa at zumbi.com.ar
Wed Mar 5 20:10:11 UTC 2014

you may want to look at this thread

https://www.mail-archive.com/openstack@lists.openstack.org/msg03984.html

is not what you ask for, but is the closest thing i've seen

also check if your pkgs have this patch applied

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/59359/

On 03/05/2014 09:21 AM, sylecn wrote:

> I started two l3 agents on two nodes. In l3_agent.ini, I set one l3 agent's
> handle_internal_only_routers to False, I config router_id to be ids of
> the two
> routers. And neutron agent-list show both l3 agents are up.
if you want to an L3 agent to serve just a single router, why put 2
routers in router_id?

> Now when I boot instance with a port in subnet2, the traffic still go
> through
> the server that runs l3-agent1.
do you have routers for subnet2 on both nodes?
my bet is l3-agent1 created a router for subnet2, maybe it was started
before l3-agent2

PD: i'm not very experienced with nat router and gre, i use vlan and
external networks

> My question is: is this kind of network supported by neutron? Does the
> router_id config means the l3 agent will manage that router only? The only
> document mention its use is when use_namespace is False. In my case, I
> have it
> set to True.
>
> Side note: there is a question on
> https://answers.launchpad.net/neutron/+question/236230 which says it's
> possible to change router's l3 agent, but did not mention how.
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> /
> YY Inc. is hiring openstack and python developers. Interested? Check
> http://www.nsbeta.info/jobs/
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Yuanle

1AE0 322E B8F7 4717 BDEA BF1D 44BB 1BA7 9F6C 6333