[Openstack] [openstack][ceilometer]Sending alarm to message queue

Mark Vlcek (mavlcek) mavlcek at cisco.com
Wed Mar 5 00:30:50 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I was wondering how you configure an alarm to send a message to a specific message queue when the alarm goes off. I set an alarm to check CPU utilization every minute via the Ceilometer CLI and I’m seeing a slight peak in message publish & acknowledge rates every minute, presumably from my alarm, but no messages are actually entering any of the queues.

Any specific guidance on how to configure this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark