[Openstack] Image Network+SWAP

Georgios Dimitrakakis giorgis at acmac.uoc.gr
Tue Mar 4 21:16:13 UTC 2014

 Two silly questions regarding the images created by cloud-init:

 1) Is the following an expected behavior?
    Step1: Taking a snapshot of a working instance
    Step2: Launching a new instance from the snapshot
    Step3: The new instance is booting but the network fails since it
 already has eth0 and a new eth1 is allocated to the new instance.

 What do I have to do in order for this to work without any trouble?

 2) Do you know where I can find some info regarding the way to make the
 / partition dynamic based on the flavor??
 I have built an instance on which the / partition is 20GB . Is there a
 way to make it change according to the flavor? Obviously this should
 apply to bigger / partitions. What I am trying to do is to have an image
 which I can boot with either 20GB or bigger / partition.

 Best,

 G.