[Openstack] Image Network+SWAP

Antonio Messina antonio.s.messina at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 11:17:14 UTC 2014

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 8:36 PM, Georgios Dimitrakakis
<giorgis at acmac.uoc.gr> wrote:
> Thx for your suggestion!
>
> I am trying since yesterday to achieve this but unfortunately the installer
> always start in a text-based mode and cannot change the partition scheme
> from there :-(

Hi Georgios,

I don't know if this can be helpful for you or other people here, but
I usually create my centos/ubuntu images with virt-inst from kickstart
or preseed using a script.

Script and related kickstart is available at
https://github.com/gc3-uzh-ch/openstack-tools
they are mainly for internal use, so you may need to modify the
kickstart (we always provides images with the 'gc3-user' user so we
need to modify the configuration of cloud-init.

We partition our disks with one single partition. The script doesn't
yet take into account the extra swap partition though, we don't have
swap in our flavors.

.a.

antonio.s.messina at gmail.com
antonio.messina at uzh.ch                     +41 (0)44 635 42 22