[Openstack] Swift generating thousands of rsyncs per second on a small cluster

Clay Gerrard clay.gerrard at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 20:08:32 UTC 2014

The object servers should only be talking to each other during replication.
 They should not talk to the proxy, and probably not the load balancer.
 Can you provide the output of "swift-ring-builder
/etc/swift/object.builder" and more details on the network configuration of
this system.

Generally the proxies are configured with multiple interfaces as the object
servers and other backend storage nodes should not be accessible to clients
directly.

-clayg