[Openstack] [Heat] Stack Lifetime, Signaling, and AutoScaling Groups

Steve Baker sbaker at redhat.com
Mon Jun 30 02:17:48 UTC 2014

On 18/06/14 05:47, Joe D'Andrea wrote:
> Hi, Zane! Thanks for all your responses.
>
> Regarding cfn-tools vs cloud-init, I'm starting out with Icehouse and no prior cfn-tools usage to maintain. I will likely look toward cloud-init, though Software Deployments + golden images sounds terrific.

If cloud-init config meets your needs then you should consider using it.
However keep in mind that cloud-init is boot-only configuration. This
means that any change to cloud-init config during a stack update will
result in your server resources being replaced with servers containing
the new cloud-init boot configuration.

If this behavior is not what you require then you should consider using
SoftwareConfig/SoftwareDeployment resources instead.