[Openstack] Restart instances after node reboot

Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado gaguilar at aguilardelgado.com
Sun Jun 29 17:36:41 UTC 2014

Hi,

I just rode about ops in nodes reboot.

http://docs.openstack.org/openstack-ops/content/maintenance.html

I found that one of my nodes had a bug in openvswitch (I have to report
it) that made it to coredump. So I loose conectivity to this node
everytime it happens. Normally only solution is reboot the node.

The problem is that after reboot all instances get shutdown. But I need
to reboot the instances that were up. The only way to do it now it's by
hand. So I must log to the cluster to do it.

Is there any way to tell openstack to reboot anything that were up after
node recovers?

Document says:

nova list --host c01.example.com --all-tenants
nova reboot <uuid>

This can be tedious if you have lots of instances...

Best regards.