[Openstack] Create_member in LBaaS pool via python API

BrianCarroll bc at marlin.ie
Fri Jun 27 16:14:06 UTC 2014

Ok, figured it out. Syntax for neutron is different from nova. Silly me!

neutron.create_member( { 'member' : { 'protocol_port' : '80', 'address' :
'xx.xx.xx.xx', 'pool_id' : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx } } )

Hi All,

A newbie question here but I can't find the answer in the API documentation
or maybe I'm not reading it correctly :-) I'm trying to add an existing
server instance to an existing active LBaaS pool in icehouse.

This is my code

import neutronclient.v2_0.cleint as ntclient neutron = ntclient (
authentication works fine
)

neutron.create_member(
    protocol_port = "80",
    address = "xx.xx.xx.xx",
    pool_id = "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
)

I get the following error -  'create_member got an unexpected keyword
argument 'protocol_port'

I have tried different variations such as port, protocol-port.
I get similar issues with pool_id.

Thanks for your help.

Brian.

-----