[Openstack] Architectural question

Andrew Mann andrew at divvycloud.com
Thu Jun 26 21:27:03 UTC 2014

As far as I can tell, the only way to put hosts/hypervisors into
availability zones through the UI in Icehouse is to put them into host
aggregates and assign the host aggregate to an availability zone.  It looks
like you can define availability zones directly on the compute nodes (or
could in 2012 at least) by modifying the nova.conf, but the UI based
assignment looks a lot more flexible.