[Openstack] Issue with Security Groups

Muralidhar Balcha muralidharb at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 01:37:44 UTC 2014

Hi,
I am using Openstack havana and I am using default security group with my
own set of new rules added to the security group to enable ssh into
instances. I am noticing that occasionally nova drops those corresponding
rules from the IP tables. Also when nova api service is restarted, it
resets the IP table rules to default rules in the security group.

Is this a known issue? Does it have something to with the default security
group. How can I make security group settings persist across service
restarts?

The only way to get back access to my instances is remove my rules and add
them again to the security group.

Any help is much appreciated.
--
Muralidhar Balcha