[Openstack] ML2 Plugin and vif_type=binding_failed

Chris Hoge chris.hoge at puppetlabs.com
Wed Jun 25 20:09:37 UTC 2014

I'm curious, are you able to build out the networks but not attach anything
to them?

I was running into a similar issue. Although my private network were tagged
as 'shared', I was not able to use it outside of the owner tenant. The
error I was getting was 'vif_type=binding_failed'. Once I created a network
in the host tenant for my user everything worked as expected. Maybe tenant
isolation is working as designed but not necessarily as you might expect.

-Chris