[Openstack] [Nova] Admin pass injection in launch libvirt/kvm instance

CôngTT tcvn1985 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 04:21:40 UTC 2014

Hi  Thang Pham and all !

I am using KVM on OpenStack Havana , OpenStack Icehouse  , And inject admin
password OK.  SURE 100%

*Step 1* : Edit /etc/nova/nova.conf

[DEFAULT ]

libvirt_inject_password=True
enable_instance_password = True

*Step 22:*
If you use image cirros, ubuntu .... downloading from Internet, then you
will modify /etc/ssh/sshd_config to disable authentication private key
(rsa): (Example Ubuntu 13.10)

#Line 15 Un-comment
UsePrivilegeSeparation yes

#Line 30: Comment 30
#RSAAuthentication no

#Line 31
PubkeyAuthentication no

#Line 51
PasswordAuthentication yes

Besides, You can create image for GLANCE by yourself.

Note: On KVM not support reset password. You can see
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/HypervisorSupportMatrix

Good luck for U !

P/S: Thắng: Tính năng này là tính năng chèn password ngay khi khởi tạo máy,
mình thực hiện tốt trên KVM

tu0ng_c0ng