[Openstack] How can I enable operation for non-admin user

Sushma Korati sushma_korati at persistent.co.in
Tue Jun 24 08:42:56 UTC 2014

Hi Li,

As fas as I know to migrate an instance you'll need admin priviliges.
But if you want to allow this operation for normal user then might try editing /etc/nova/policy.json file and give privileges.

File: /etc/nova/policy.json
change "compute_extension:admin_actions:migrate": "rule:admin_api" to
"compute_extension:admin_actions:migrate": "rule:admin_or_owner"

Regards,
Sushma