[Openstack] Horizon can't not login

Matthias Runge mrunge at redhat.com
Tue Jun 24 07:42:50 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 09:47:33PM +1200, Mark Kirkwood wrote:
> Hmmm - I'm looking hard at that 'almost' word in there - so *possibly* you
> might have some misconfiguration tripping you up. Essentially I followed
> http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/install-guide/install/apt/content/ and the
> basics seem to work ok - I am not sure what platform you are using (I'm on
> Ubuntu 14.04) - which might be important!
>
> Regards
>
> Mark
>
> On 18/06/14 21:19, Li, Chen wrote:
> >I have create users.
> >:)
> >
> >Basically, without horizon, I can run almost all nova commands successfully, including start instances and so on.
> >So,  I strongly believe the issue should not related with other openstack services,
> >Unless there is some horizon related configuration in other openstack services ???
> >There is must something wrong with:
> >	1. Configure of horizon
> >	2. Configure of http server
> >                 3. Configure of my system
> >
> >Thanks.
> >-chen

As a follow-up (and conclusion here): We debugged the setting via irc,
and it turned out to be a config issue and failing service as well.

That being said: it's quite easy to make a small typo during OpenStack
configuration. The other issue is: when something fails, you won't
necessarily see failing instances or at least some services work fine.
But in almost any case you'll see it in the Dashboard, as Horizon relies
on service availability.
--
Matthias Runge <mrunge at redhat.com>