[Openstack] Why doesn't suspend release vCPUs/memory?

Ricky Saltzer ricky at cloudera.com
Mon Jun 23 19:52:52 UTC 2014

Agreed, I think separating active vs suspended resources would
unnecessarily complicate things. The idea here is that if you are
suspending an instance, the resources that instance was using should be
released back to the tenant for use. If there are no more resources
available, then resuming an instance should fail.

--
Ricky Saltzer
http://www.cloudera.com