[Openstack] Why doesn't suspend release vCPUs/memory?

Ricky Saltzer ricky at cloudera.com
Mon Jun 23 17:05:05 UTC 2014

That seems to be the case, and I can see where you're coming from, but if
the resources aren't released at the quota level, then they're effectively
being used from a user's point of view. It would be nice if *suspend*
released resources after the instance is shutdown, and a *resume* would
reclaim the resources (provided enough are available). For instance, if I
had 210/210 vCPUs used, and I suspend *instance_a* with 1 vCPU, and then
launch *instance_b *with 1 vCPU...*instance_b *should successfully deploy,
but resuming *instance_a* should fail with a quota exceeded exception.

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 12:54 PM, John Griffith <john.griffith at solidfire.com

--
Ricky Saltzer
http://www.cloudera.com