[Openstack] How to hit a fast case of nested virtualization

Mike Spreitzer mspreitz at us.ibm.com
Mon Jun 16 19:15:11 UTC 2014

laclasse <laclasse at gmail.com> wrote on 06/16/2014 01:24:40 PM:

> See Rhys post on that: http://www.rdoxenham.com/?p=275

That post is about how to do nested virtualization at all; that part I
have covered (my undercloud hosts have Y in
/sys/module/kvm_intel/parameters/nested and can create Linux VMs in which
/proc/cpuinfo lists "vmx" among each processor's "flags").  My question is
about how to hit the fast case.  I am told the speed can vary greatly
depending on some details.  That is what I am trying to clarify.

Thanks,
Mike