[Openstack] Problems with Neutron

Sergey Motovilovets motovilovets.sergey at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 15:00:09 UTC 2014

Hi everyone!

I just switched from nova-network to neutron, and I'm trying to figure out
what I'm missing in config.
I was following official documentation for Icehouse (on Ubuntu 14.04), and
the result is a partially working installation. There are 3 basic problems
- first one is MTU (I'm using GRE tunnels), and I fixed it, as it is a
known thing and was described many times before, still seems like I've used
extensive way (lowering MTU on virtual machines). I'd like to use jumbo
frames on host machines instead, so if someone could explain which configs
to adjust and which interfaces must be involved - I'd really appreciate
that (guess that should become a part of official doc btw)
Another problem is metadata service. I've tried like everything I found
regarding neutron<->metadata configuration, without any success. I just
can't connect to 169.254.169.254 from virtual machines, though they get
configured by dhcp, can ping each other in their subnet and I can allocate
floating IPs to them.
The third problem is that I can see following in openvswitch-agent.log on
network node, this error just appears in loop once a minute:
NotFound: Basic.consume: (404) NOT_FOUND - no queue
'q-agent-notifier-port-update_fanout_ed7a6a1d6e3c4e5f9443fdc7c44798c7' in
vhost '/

Any thoughts?