[Openstack] short hostname in horizon

Mārtiņš Jakubovičs martins at vertigs.lv
Fri Jun 13 13:32:38 UTC 2014

Hello,

I don' t know is this bug or not, so I wrote it to list.
Compute nodes in horizon shows with short hostname in "Hypervisors"
section. In other sections like "Host Aggregates" and "Instances" it
shows with full hostname. When I perform migration it shows short
hostname also.

It will be nothing, but when I try to perform live block migration from
horizon it shows error "HTTP exception thrown: Compute service of
compute-xs-2 is unavailable at this time."

Same error if I perform migration with short hostname from nova client.
In nova service-list compute node appears with full hostname.