[Openstack] Shared Instance Storage

Marc Soda msoda at coredial.com
Thu Jun 12 19:09:43 UTC 2014

Hey all,

I'm hoping for a little guidance.

I have a lab setup with Icehouse.  I have a Neutron network node as well.
 I have the need to mount an NFS share, from a storage network, directly to
many of my VMs (for shared application state).  I have a physical interface
on each compute node on the storage network, although I currently don't
have Cinder, or anything else, setup.

How can I setup a dedicated interface on each VM that maps to the storage
interfaces on the compute node?  Does this approach even make sense?
 Cinder still can't do shared volumes, right?

Thanks!

Marc