[Openstack] Swift and Keystone behind NAT Firewall

Diogo Vieira dfv at eurotux.com
Wed Jun 11 17:52:43 UTC 2014

Hello,

I have an openstack setup that consists only in the Swift and Keystone (and its dependencies) services, in 2 machines. I have one Proxy Node in the same machine as the Keystone service is as well as a Storage Node. On the other machine I have only a Storage Node.

The problem is that this setup is behind a firewall. One port for ssh forwards to the first machine and another to the other machine. My setup works if I use something like sshuttle to tunnel the communication to the Proxy Node.

What should be the approach used to make this publicly available? What ports should be opened in the firewall and what changes do I need to make in any of the services?

Thank you for your help,

Diogo Vieira <dfv at eurotux.com>
Programador
Eurotux Informática, S.A. | www.eurotux.com