[Openstack] upgrade from Havana to IceHouse Table 'keystone.assignment' doesn't exist

Felix Lee zaknafein.lee at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 14:13:21 UTC 2014

Hi, Anatoly,
Does that page help for you?
Well, I also had problem of launching VM after to Icehouse from Havana.
I am not sure if that is what you are suffering, but in my case, it's
because I forgot that there are new options needed to be configured in
neutron.conf for Icehouse, if we upgrade neutron from Havana to Icehouse
we will need to add them by hand, e.g.:

[DEFAULT]
notify_nova_port_status_change=true
notify_nova_on_port_data_changes=true
nova_url=http://<nova api endpoint>:<port>/v2
nova_admin_username=<nova admin user>
nova_admin_password=<nova admin password>
nova_admin_tenant_id=<nova admin uuid>
nova_admin_auth_url=http://<keystone endpoint>:<port>/v2.0

This information is also in rdo page:
http://openstack.redhat.com/Upgrading_RDO_To_Icehouse

Best regards,
Felix Lee ~

On 2014年06月11日 13:06, Anatoly Oreshkin wrote:
> Hi, Felix
>
> Thank you for reply. I've encountered the same problems as you.
> After much googling  I've managed to modify database  and to find out how to modify
> db_migration script. However after upgrading openstack instances have not  launched
> successfully so I've decided to install IceHouse from scratch.
> This was easy for me because my openstack setup consists of 2 nodes.
>
> Later I've found the page
> http://openstack.redhat.com/Workarounds#nova:_instances_started_in_error
> which explains what to do in case when "instances started in error state"
>

>> Hi, Anatoly,
>> I am not sure if you solved this problem already, but I suffered the
>> similar problem as yours when I upgraded openstack from havana to
>> icehouse today.
>>
>> There were two problems I suffered, and both related to msyql table
>> character set.
>>
>> Simply check, if you run: keystone-manage db_version, and the version
>> stays at 37, you probably failed at db_sync as I did.
>>

>> In my case, while I did keystone-manage db_sync, there was an error in
>> /var/log/keystone/keystone.log:
>> 2014-06-09 21:23:12.732 53481 CRITICAL keystone [-] ValueError: Tables
>> "region" have non utf8 collation, please make sure all tables are
>> CHARSET=utf8
>>

>> So, the workaround was to go to mysql and change the CHARSET to utf8 for
>> table: "region", for example, run following sql command in mysql:
>>
>>    use keystone ;
>>    alter table region CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
>>

>> And, the second problem was actually a bug of db_migration script which
>> was already reported and fixed, but, unfortunately, it is not yet
>> available in rdo release, so, you will have to apply patch by hand,
>> please see detail:
>>
>> https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/keystone/commit/?id=4408625031bc9804fa4bd4a72988bf31375b7787
>>

>> I hope this can be helpful, if you have not yet solved this problem.
>>

>> Best regards,
>> Felix Lee ~
>>

>> On 2014撟�05��29�� 13:44, Anatoly Oreshkin wrote:
>>>

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I've upgraded Havana to IceHouse on  Scientific Linux 6.5 following  these steps:
>>>
>>> yum install http://rdo.fedorapeople.org/openstack-havana/rdo-release-havana.rpm
>>>
>>> yum -y update
>>>
>>> nova-manage db sync
>>> cinder-manage db sync
>>> glance-manage db_sync
>>> keystone-manage db_sync
>>>
>>> When I run command keystone tenenat-list
>>> I get
>>> uthorization Failed: An unexpected error prevented the server from fulfilling your
>>> request. (HTTP 500)
>>>
>>> /var/log/keystone  shows
>>>
>>> 2014-05-29 15:42:58.782 10638 TRACE keystone.common.wsgi ProgrammingError:
>>> (ProgrammingError) (1146, "Table 'keystone.assignment' doesn't exist") 'SELECT
>>> assignment.type AS assignment_type, assignment.actor_id AS assignment_actor_id,