[Openstack] [devstack]How to restart all services without unstack ?

Moiz Arif moizarif2002 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 11 04:11:39 UTC 2014

Hello,
You can manually restart any service you like in devstack by following the below procedure:
1. In terminal type "screen -x stack" . Here stack is the screen name.you will be logged into the screens for all devstack services2. Browse to your selected service by pressing Ctrl+a and then n (Next screen). Ctrl+a and then p (Previous screen)3. When at the desired screen press Ctrl+c (This will stop the service)4. Press the UP key and press enter.
The service will restart.
For an automated restart you can copy the command (from 4th step) for restarting service and make a script that can re-start all such services.
Hope it helps