[Openstack] Neutron GRE + Flat question

Martinx - ジェームズ thiagocmartinsc at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 23:18:52 UTC 2014

You're welcome...   :-)

In fact, this is precisely what I'm trying to achieve here at my cloud, I
mean, "vlan + vxlan" (or gre) simultaneously...

Apparently, for Flat (or VLAN Provider Network), we need a dedicated
interface for its bridge_mappings, like "physnet1:br-eth1" (if with VLAN,
just tag it at the switch port where your br-eth1 is plugged in, nothing
more) and, for VXLAN / GRE, we need a second dedicated interface, for the
tunnels, like "local_ip = 192.168.20.30", where this "192.168.20.0/20"
subnet of vxlan/gre is configured using eth2 (eth1 is for Flat / VLAN). And
the eth0 might me used for regular Internet access and/or Management /
Glance Image downloads / etc...

Here is how I'm creating my "VLAN Provider Networks":

---
neutron net-create --tenant-id XXXXXX --provider:physical_network=physnet1
--provider:network_type=vlan --provider:segmentation_id=500 physnet1-vlan500

neutron net-create --tenant-id YYYYYY --provider:physical_network=physnet1
--provider:network_type=vlan --provider:segmentation_id=501 physnet1-vlan501

neutron net-create --tenant-id WWWW --provider:physical_network=physnet1
--provider:network_type=vlan --provider:segmentation_id=502 physnet1-vlan502
---

NOTE: Your upstream router also needs to have those VLANs configured on it,
since it will be the Instance's gateway.

At my switch, the ports connected at "br-eth1" interface (of Network and
Compute Nodes) have those tags (500-1000).

BTW, I'm using static IPv6 within my VLANs!   ;-)

Now, I'm trying to enable VXLAN side-by-side with VLAN, just for fun... Let
me know if you have success!

Info:
http://developer.rackspace.com/blog/neutron-networking-vlan-provider-networks.html

Best!