[Openstack] Neutron GRE + Flat question

Martinx - ジェームズ thiagocmartinsc at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 17:32:10 UTC 2014

Hello Randy,

Just for the record, I'm using Flat Networks (very similar with VLAN
Provider Networks), with a working Metadata connectivity... Instances get a
route to the Metadata network through DHCP, in my case...

Flat Networks, AFAIK, requires a "dedicated bridge map", using different
physical ethernet from the one used by your GRE/VXLAN tunnels...

Here is a working howto about Flat Networks with Metadata:
https://gist.github.com/tmartinx/9177697 - Easy to convert it to VLAN
Provider Networks...

Cheers!