[Openstack] non-openstack servers in the IP range used by openstack instances

ostck at gbif.org ostck at gbif.org
Tue Jun 10 07:27:14 UTC 2014

Hello,

If one is required to have non-openstack servers living in the same IP
subnet as the openstack instances, as far as I can see there are two

allocate only a slice of that subnet for instances (for example, if my
subnet is 192.168.150.0/24, allocate only 192.168.150.128/26 when
issuing "nova network-create" and make sure non-openstack servers use
IPs outside that range)

allocate it all and reserve some if the IPs for non-openstack servers
using "nova fixed-ip-reserve".

Could someone please let me know what is the recommended approach?

Thanks!

Best regards,
Andrei