[Openstack] Complex Decision Arround The Most Well-Known CMPs

hossein zabolzadeh zabolzadeh at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 16:33:16 UTC 2014

*Hello There,*

I have a question from the openStack community, and I have plea out of you
as an expert persons who working on the cloud computing era in general and
openStack product/standard in special.

I want to fully virtualize my datacenter. I don't want cloud. I don't want
to deliver public cloud. I have several legacy appliacation that I want to
run all of them on virtualized environment. I want to leverage the
virtualization technology to improve my datacenter consolidation, ease of
meintenace, ease of management with increase in capacity.

*CloudStack OR OpenStack*? This is where I become so confused. I compare
several different openSource CMPs(e.g. OpenNebula, Eucalyptus, OpenStack,
CloudStack, …), and at the end, I can not select between these two most
leading cloud solutions. I asked you as the most largest cloud community to
suggest me arround this complex decision. As we know, openStack is
infrastructure provisioning but cloudstack is datacenter virtualization.
Remember the pets and cattle example(See:
http://it20.info/2012/12/vcloud-openstack-pets-and-cattle/).

Maybe someone panic, why I am asking this question from openstack
community!!! Its completely predictable that the community members will
suggest their working product(OpenStack) to me. But I solicit from all
openstack community members to suggest the solution(Between OpenStack &
CloudStack) which will be best matched to my requirements without any bias
in their minds.

Really thanks.

Best Regards.

M.H Zabolzadeh