[Openstack] want to store my images and iso inside swift

dhanesh1212121212 dhanesh1212 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 11:07:27 UTC 2014

Hi,

keystone is the authentication method.

my doubt in keystone Identity Service.

When alice launch an instance

1st credentials are sent : what credentials are sending ? is it the admin
token?

please put an example to show what is the credential and catalog,token etc
the whole process so that will have a better understanding what is
happening.

Thanks for the information. very useful. 100%. Community Rocks :)

 Glance supports Swift as the storage media:

 I have modified glance api and registry conf files and added default store
as swift.

 Now I want to know where the image will get stored. ( Meaning inside
glance path or swift path )

 /var/lib/images which is the default path for glance image or

/srv/node/sda1/......" which is the newly created swift image store.

Note: In my configuration default glance storage is full. so its getting
created inside /srv/node/sda1 as

[root at controller objects]# pwd
/srv/node/sda1/objects
[root at controller objects]# ls
105444  122879  132822  139239  159355  181200  189036  212398  223406
250266  259217  30947  46999  51604  65854  72820  7975   90548
106819  122971  136641  149423  160195  187691  189342  215661  233311
251951  261667  32084  49690  61386  70617  73398  83357  98863
117245  130012  138254  155367  17167   188426  192918  222168  234219
258413  30213   35890  51350  6258   70880  78850  89722

[root at controller objects]# cd 10
105444/ 106819/
[root at controller objects]# cd 105444/
[root at controller 105444]# ls
211  hashes.pkl
[root at controller 105444]# cd 211/
[root at controller 211]# ll
total 0
drwxr-xr-x 2 swift swift 34 Jun  5 15:41 66f901ec5d1500a3d3a3d7fe06f2b211
[root at controller 211]# cd 66f901ec5d1500a3d3a3d7fe06f2b211/
[root at controller 66f901ec5d1500a3d3a3d7fe06f2b211]# ll
total 200004
-rw------- 1 swift swift 204800000 Jun  5 15:41 1401963066.63643.data
[root at controller 66f901ec5d1500a3d3a3d7fe06f2b211]# file
1401963066.63643.data
1401963066.63643.data: data

Is everything Ok ?  Anything I can do make it look better . I mean to show
this in dashboard.

Regards,
Dhanesh.