[Openstack] new to open stack. stack.sh failed

Vinay Venkataraghavan vinayvenkat at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 00:31:56 UTC 2014

My response will probably not directly answer your issue. However, it can
get you going. I've done a lot of reading on using devstack and it turns
out that it works better on Ubuntu. If you are new to Openstack and want to
experiment with it, then I recommend you install devstack on an Ubuntu
12.04 machine. I just did this a couple of days ago and it works like a
charm.

I am huge Centos proponent, but looks like Centos has a number of
dependencies in terms of older python versions etc. Ubuntu 12.04 works
right out of the box. Additionally, there is documentation somewhere on the
Openstack website to automatically launch these on AWS etc.

Hope this helps.
- Vinay