[Openstack] LBaaS, how it works?

Fernando González r0j4z0 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 00:00:59 UTC 2014

Hi,

The LBaaS is a normal load balancer (HA-proxy) that can balance the traffic
between X nodes.

It dont do any autoscaling on the instances when someone gets overloaded.

There is the documentation on LBaaS:
http://docs.openstack.org/api/openstack-network/2.0/content/lbaas_ext.html

Take a look to clarify the concepts and the objects involved on the LBaaS.

Best regards. (sorry for my english too...)

:D