[Openstack] Deployment of multiple external networks

Lars Kellogg-Stedman lars at redhat.com
Tue Jun 3 13:31:10 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jun 03, 2014 at 09:38:15AM +0900, BYEONG-GI KIM wrote:
> to GRE and now I'm confused whether I need to follow the "Configure the
> Open vSwitch Agent" section in the guide, because it seems the settings are
> for VLAN.
>
> Should I do the setting even though the current network is set to GRE?

First, since these are explicitly physical networks, your selection of
tenant_network_type is unimportant.  It doesn't matter if you're using
GRE or VXLAN or VLANs for your tenant networking.

Secondly, you'll note that the setting of `network_vlan_ranges` does
not actually list any VLAN ID range.  These entries simply inform the
OVS driver about the available physical networks.

Cheers,

-- Lars

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars at redhat.com> | larsks @ irc