[Openstack] Heat-engine crashing on stack-delete

Erik McCormick emccormick at cirrusseven.com
Mon Jun 2 17:14:49 UTC 2014

I've recently begun playing with heat and have managed to get things
working fine for creating stacks. However I am unable to delete the stack.

After any delete command, I am left with something like the following:

# heat stack-list
+--------------------------------------+------------+--------------------+----------------------+
| id                                   | stack_name | stack_status       |
creation_time        |
+--------------------------------------+------------+--------------------+----------------------+
| eaaece91-177c-46b7-a2a3-b9f7101dc68d | teststack  | CREATE_COMPLETE    |
2014-05-28T19:02:53Z |
| b6f3be3f-e275-40a2-9e95-59a5cd8586f3 | teststack1 | DELETE_IN_PROGRESS |
2014-05-31T01:15:59Z |
+--------------------------------------+------------+--------------------+----------------------+

The only way I've been able to clean up the hung delete after that is to go
in and forcibly remove it from the database (obviously very bad).

The only errors I see are repeated reloading of the heat-engine process
which I'm sure is not good:

2014-05-31 14:31:38.850 5713 INFO heat.openstack.common.service [-] Caught
SIGTERM, exiting

One caveat: This was a Havana cluster which was upgraded to Icehouse (RDO
on CentOS). I have not yet implemented any of the Keystone v3 domain /
trust stuff. I see warning messages about it, but they all indicate that
this should not be required until Juno.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Erik