[Openstack] issue with multiple floating ip pools for neutron network

Zhi-Wei Lu zwlu at ucdavis.edu
Wed Jul 30 17:21:49 UTC 2014

Hi Subbareddy,,

I have ended up removing the old network setup and reconfigure the network using two l3-agents as suggested in the openstack documentation (as you quoted below).  I was able to associate floating ip to two pools, however, I can reach only the first floating pool ip, but not the second pool initially. I played around  and I was able actually to reach both ip pools, but afterwards, I was not able to launch more instances at all,  the instance stuck in the "Build" state, it apparently stuck in the "network" part, but I can not find any useful message from the log files.

I ended up going back, I used the one agent set up by following this nice blog,
http://www.ajo.es/post/86497974174/using-multiple-external-networks-in-openstack-neutron

I can associate floating ips  for two pools, but I can not reach either of the floating ips.  For tenant, I use "gre" tunnel.  I am going around circle again!

Zhi-Wei Lu
IET-CR-Network Operations Center
University of California, Davis
(530) 752-0155