[Openstack] issue with multiple floating ip pools for neutron network

Zhi-Wei Lu zwlu at ucdavis.edu
Mon Jul 28 17:13:19 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I have been testing multiple floating ip pools with neutron network on CentOS 6.5 with icehouse.  The single floating ip pool set up worked fine, but I encountered many problems setting up multiple floating IP pools.  I now enabled l3-agent with empty string (in /etc/neutron/l3-agent.ini) for multiple
gateway_external_network_id =
external_network_bridge =

The external bridges, br-ex and br-ex2, do not have the qg-* port at all, these qg-* interfaces are now in the br-int, therefore the floating ips do not work anymore.  Is there any way to move "qg" port from br-int to br-ex, and br-ex2?  I don't know how I ended up with such a mess, do I have to remove the network set up and reconfigure neutron?

Thank you very much for your help.

Zhi-Wei Lu
IET-CR-Network Operations Center
University of California, Davis