[Openstack] Question about OpenStack 2 nodes deployment

BYEONG-GI KIM kimbyeonggi at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 07:54:15 UTC 2014

Hello.

I'm now trying to deploy two nodes environment (Flat Network or VLAN
Network) for OpenStack instead of 3 nodes which are generally considered as
default and recommended deployment for the OpenStack. The major reason why
I'm going to deploy such environment is performance issue.

Anyway, here is a question; where should I put neutron-metadata-agent in,
i.e., Compute Node or Controller Node?

As far as I know, the two node deployment has been supported by Devstack,
and the metadata agent is installed in Controller Node. In this case,
however, it seems that the meta data can not be High Available.

I'd wanna deploy 2 nodes environment while inserting metadata-agent into
either Compute Node or Controller Node and achieving HA.

Any advice and comments for that would really be appreciated.

Best regards

Byeong-Gi KIM