[Openstack] Open Community Updates & Discussion about "What is Core" (focus on Havana) on Wednesday 8am & 6pm PDT

Rob_Hirschfeld at Dell.com Rob_Hirschfeld at Dell.com
Tue Jul 15 02:51:32 UTC 2014

OpenStack Community,

The Board DefCore subcommittee has been working hard on the defining "what is core" for commercial use.  We've gotten to a point where we've got the an initial pass through the proposed process and are ready to show advisory "Core Capabilities" for the Havana release.  Our approach is to use the older Havana release to make sure we're doing the right things before apply it to Ice House and Juno.

We'd like to invite you to participate in one of three community reviews (they will also be recorded):

  1.  Remote July 16, 8 am PDT / 1500 UTC
  2.  Remote July 16, 6 pm PDT / 0100 UTC July 17
  3.  Live July 21, 11:30 am PDT at OSCON (http://www.oscon.com/oscon2014/public/schedule/detail/37014)

Remote access details & agenda: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/DefCoreLighthouse.4

Read more about the process and history here:

*         http://www.openstack.org/blog/2014/07/defcore-update-input-request-for-havana-capabilities/

*         http://robhirschfeld.com/2014/07/14/defcore-update/

Rob
Rob Hirschfeld
Sr. Distinguished Cloud Solution Architect
Dell | Cloud Edge, Data Center Solutions
cell +1 512 909-7219 blog robhirschfeld.com, twitter @zehicle
Please note, I am based in the CENTRAL (-6) time zone