[Openstack] IceHouse and Xen without XenAPI

Martinx - ジェームズ thiagocmartinsc at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 23:36:19 UTC 2014

Guys,

 Does OpenStack IceHouse supports Open Source Xen (without XenAPI) ?

 I mean, I'm know that XenServer is open source now but, I'm talking about
"pure" Xen, from the Ubuntu 14.04 package called
"xen-hypervisor-4.4-amd64", which can be installed using "apt-get install
xen-system-amd64".

 I'm only seeing XenServer / XCP at OpenStack documentations... I would
like to know if I can use the package "nova-compute-xen" with
"xen-hypervisor-4.4-amd64", if possible... Does it work?!

 Currently, I'm using the package "nova-compute-kvm", of course, with
KVM-based Ubuntu hosts (apt-get install ubuntu-virt-server), I would like
to create a Host Aggregate with Xen, but not with XenServer/XCP, I still
prefer to stick with Ubntu + Xen-4.4.

Thanks!
Thiago