[Openstack] [Nova] Launch of VM failed after certain count openstack Havana

Gangur, Hrushikesh (R & D HP Cloud) hrushikesh.gangur at hp.com
Tue Jul 8 05:23:38 UTC 2014

If it is not going to nova-compute, it must be thrown out directly at nova-api due to any of the following reasons:

1.       No valid host to launch the instance: Though you can see free memory on the compute node, but it does check for few more things: disk space and CPU. Please note that the disk space being looked at is the theoretical value.

2.       The instance flavor type is incorrect. The image uploaded might have not been specified the right correct min. disk and min. memory needs. So, if you use tiny flavor and the image really requires more than 2 GB of root, it is going to fail.

You may like to run the following command:
nova hypervisor-stats

Regards~hrushi