[Openstack] Horizon and radosgw with nginx

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Mon Jul 7 00:43:51 UTC 2014

Excerpts from Sergey Motovilovets's message of 2014-07-06 09:29:11 -0700:
> Hello everyone.
>
> I'm running Horizon with nginx and radosgw with tengine (nginx fork with an
> option to disable fastcgi request buffering).
> The thing is that when I upload files using swift console client directly
> to a node hosting radosgw, everything works like a charm, but Horizon
> doesn't let me upload files with a size more 64K, and it's not
> about client_max_body_size in nginx. Horizon gets first 64K of the file,
> then freezes until "Connection reset by peer" happens (inactivity timeout
> on radosgw node I suppose).

This is just a guess, but does tengine support 100 Continue? A fairly
recent forum post suggests that nginx doesn't:

http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,241130,241139

My understanding was that radosgw uses 100 Continue for large uploads.

So you may need to ensure that you have a proxy that can handle such
things.