[Openstack] ownCloud and openstack

Frank Karlitschek frank at owncloud.com
Fri Jul 4 01:01:21 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

Tom Fifield recommended that I send a message to this list.

As some of you might know we at ownCloud just added Swift support as primary storage to ownCloud. This will be released as part of our upcoming release 7 in about 3 weeks.

The code can be seen here.
https://github.com/owncloud/core/pull/8383

ownCloud is a fully open source solution that can be used a self hosted Dropbox or Google Drive alternative. The new Swift backend is an important step for us to mask ownCloud more scalable, easier to deploy in bigger setups and integrate it better into OpenStack.

Tom suggested to ask here for testers who are willing to try ownCloud 7 together with Swift.
We just announced the RC1 a few minutes ago:
http://mailman.owncloud.org/pipermail/announcements/2014-July/000049.html

So it would be great if you guys could give it a test and give some feedback.

Thanks a lot

Cheers
Frank