[Openstack] Using HA rabbitmq cluster

Xicheng Chang Xicheng.Chang at huawei.com
Wed Jul 2 01:39:33 UTC 2014

Greetings,

This is my first post. Sorry for this beginner's question.

I have read some docs on how to configure OpenStack to use Highly available rabbitmq. Looks like simply configuring services with all queue nodes in that HA cluster would work.

--Do the services that use HA queue ensure the message sequencing?

For example, if message mirroring/syncing between nodes fails or delays for some reason, some messages that required to be delivered prior to others may get delivered late. Is the service consuming this queue cluster ensuring the sequence or does RabbitMQ somehow do it?(this is unlikely as messages may get delayed while they are being sent to the queues and the queues wouldn't even know so)

Thank you!

Xicheng