[Openstack] [api-site][{service}-api] duplicate content for documentation

ZhiQiang Fan aji.zqfan at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 04:52:53 UTC 2014

Hi, OpenStack document team,

I noticed that there are several repositories in OpenStack named
{service}-api for api document, meanwhile there is a api-site for all
services api document. The problem is that, many content is duplicate, for
example, api-site contains keystone's api description, while identity-api
has mostly same content too (I'm not sure if they are exactly same). I
think it doesn't worth to maintain two project which have many same content.

And there are different site for this project, for example, to get keystone
v2 api document, both
http://docs.openstack.org/api/openstack-identity-service/2.0/content/ and
http://api.openstack.org/api-ref-identity.html#identity-v2 can work, but if
there is a bug for document, we need to modify two repositories which seems
unnecessary.

So, is there any particular reason why we're in such situation, and is
there any plan to improve it? (maybe one of them can be abandoned?)

Thanks