[Openstack] [Keystone] Difference in values returned after authentication

Shrinand Javadekar shrinand at maginatics.com
Mon Jan 27 18:30:06 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am seeing a difference in the values returned by Keystone when a
user is authenticated. These differences are in the endpoints section
of the serviceCatalog.

In one instances, I see the returned value has an "id":

"serviceCatalog": [
    {
        "endpoints": [
            {
                   "adminURL": "http://server.domain.com/v1",
                   "region": "egionOne",
                   "internalURL": "http://server.domain.com/v1/AUTH_foo",
                    "id": "0123",
                    "publicURL": "http://server.domain.com/v1/AUTH_foo"
             }

whereas in another instances, I see a "versionId":

        "serviceCatalog": [
            {
                "endpoints": [
                    {
                        "adminURL": "https://server1.domain1.com/v1/blah",
                        "region": "everywhere",
                        "tenantId": "blahTenant",
                        "versionId": "1",
                        "internalURL": "https://server1.domain1.com/v1",
                        "publicURL": "https://server1.domain1.com//blah"
                    }

The official documentation of Keystone v2.0 [1], does not mention
anything about "id". It only shows a "versionId". What causes these
differences? And is there a way to configure keystone so that it
always returns one standard set of values?

Thanks in advance.
-Shri

[1] http://docs.openstack.org/api/openstack-identity-service/2.0/content/POST_authenticate_v2.0_tokens_.html#POST_authenticate_v2.0_tokens_-Response